Management of the Company
PROFESSIONAL CURRICULA VITAE OF MEMBERS OF THE MANAGEMENT BOARD AND THE SUPERVISORY BOARD OF BIOTON S.A.
Jubo Liu – President of the Management Board
Mr. Jubo Liu is the founder and has served as the CEO of Cogenes Biotechnology Incorporation (focused on in vitro diagnosis R&D, manufacturing and marketing) since August 2011 and is the founder and has served as the CEO of NovoTek Pharmaceuticals Limited (Hong Kong) and Beijing NovoTek Medicinal Technology Development Co. Ltd (Beijing) (international platform to globalise healthcare products both from within and outside of China) since August 2009. From April 2008 to July 2009 he was the China Chief Representative of Immtech Pharmaceuticals Inc. (US New York) (establishing Chinese activity infrastructure and investment plans). From November 2007 to April 2008, he acted as a Clinical Trial Liaison with US-based Pharmaceuticals Inc. (US New York) (carrying out global clinical trial operation in China). From October 2006 to November 2007 he was a scientist at Boston Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (formulation and drug delivery). From July of 2005 to January of 2007 he was as a cofounder and served as the Director of Business Development of JCS Biopolytech Incorporation (modified biopolymer R&D and marketing used for drug delivery and nanotechnology). From August 1997 to February 2001, he served as the Director of Marketing and Regulatory Affairs for Huayuanlong Medicinal Technology Development Co. Ltd. of Beijing, China. Mr. Liu obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from the Department of Pharmacy of the Pharmaceutical University of Shenyang (September 1992 to July 1997) and a Ph.D. from the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Toronto (from September 2002 to October 2006). Furthermore, Mr. Liu is an author or co-author of several publications regarding medical and biological issues.
Marek Dziki - Member of the Management Board
2004 – 2005 - Merck University (Kellog Business School, Chicago, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Business School in Fountainebleu),
1996 – 1998 - Master of Business Administration at the International Business School in Warsaw, Poland,
1988 – 1990 - Ph.D., Medical University in Lublin, Poland,
1982 – 1988 - Medical Doctor Degree, The Medical University in Lublin, Poland.
M&M Pharma, Warsaw, Poland | President (March 2014 – present),
Lumeden (Zurich, Odessa and Moscow) | CEO (August 2013 – December 2014), Consultant (January 2015 – present),
Skolkovo Innovation Centre, Moscow, Russia | Executive Director of the Biomed Cluster (January 2012 – December 2013),
Merck Limited, Mumbai, India | Managing Director (August 2006 – September 2012),
Merck Darmstadt | Vice President and Head of Strategic Innovation (October 2005 – July 2006),
Merck Austria | General Manager (January 2001 – September 2005),
Merck Poland | Head of the Pharmaceutical Division (May 1998 – December 2000),
Merck Poland | Head of Business Development (October 1997 – April 1998),
Merck Poland | Sales and Marketing Manager (January 1994 – September 1997),
Merck Poland | Medical Representative in Lublin (September 1992 – December 1993),
Medical University of Lublin | Associate Professor (1991 – 1992),
Medical University of Hanover, Germany | Research Grant (1991),
Medical University of Lublin | Assistant Lecturer (1998 – 1990).
Adam Polonek – Member of the Management Board
Is a graduate of the University of Economics in Katowice. He has extensive knowledge and experience in managing finances of companies and capital market. Since 2006 he has been an employee of BIOTON S.A. where he was holding first the position of deputy Chief Financial Officer and then the position of Chief Financial Officer. During this time he had the opportunity to improve his knowledge and competence in managing finances of the company, debt funding, development projects and restructuring transactions. Is also performing shareholding supervision in the subsidiaries of BIOTON S.A. In 2000-2006 was employed at CAIB Financial Advisers (at present UniCredit CAIB Poland), holding the positions from an analyst to a deputy director, where he was dealing with consultancy in mergers and acquisitions, evaluation of enterprises and optimization of financing structures. He has participated in a number of training within the scope of international accounting standards, evaluation of enterprises and project management. He is fluent in English. Since 20 December 2011 he has been holding the function of a Member of the Management Board of BIOTON S.A.
Dariusz Trzeciak – Chairman of the Supervisory Board
He has completed 4-year PhD studies at the Law and Administration Faculty of the University of Warsaw, Postgraduate MBA Studies at the Warsaw School of Economics and Law and Administration Faculty and History Faculty of the University of Warsaw. In the past he held managerial and supervisory positions in many companies, including the function of the President of the Management Board of Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń na Życie Polisa Życie S.A., Sferia S.A., IT Polpager S.A. At present he holds the position of: a Member of the Management Board of Sferia S.A. and Vice-Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Radio PIN S.A.
David Martin Comberbach – Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board
Trained as a scientist and as an engineer, Mr. Comberbach has over 30 years' international experience in biotech & ‘big-pharma’ companies located on 4 continents. Following post-doctoral positions in USA and Canada, he started his industrial career as a bio-process engineer, initially in Canada then later in Belgium as a process development scientist developing human vaccines. Following 7 years at the laboratory bench, he moved into project management, assuming responsibility for design, construction and operation of a €12million vaccine manufacturing facility in Belgium. After 17 years’ abroad, he returned to the UK with his family to manage operations in a small Biotech company near London. His last full-time employee posting was to Shanghai to manage a facility manufacturing sterile injectable therapeutic products for the Chinese market. He has contributed to clinical dossiers (IND/IMP/IB) of 10 human vaccines, 4 therapeutic protein products, and a combination product (biological + medical device). Many of these products are sold in international markets, generating substantial revenues. In April, 2005, he founded his own management consulting company in Abingdon, UK, providing pharmaceutical process development & project management services to biotechnology & pharmaceutical companies. In 11 years as an independent consultant, he has provided personalized services to clients in 16 countries. Mr. Comberbach is a Chartered Scientist (UK), a Chartered Chemical Engineer (UK), a registered European Chemical Engineer and author/co-author of 4 issued patents and 20 peer-reviewed scientific publications. He is an experienced executive with international operations, project & business management skills.
Yu Liang Huang – Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board
A professional manager with 15 years of management experience in healthcare (biopharmaceutical) industry crossing the Pacific Rim, with track records in starting up business, and managing pharmaceutical companies in USA, Hong Kong, and China, for new products development and registration, marketing, sales, and business development.
- August 2004 - Present, President and CEO, Generon Corporation, a China-based global biopharmaceutical company involving in innovative biologic drug development,
- October 2001 - August 2004, CSO,HKP, a public company listed in Hong Kong Stock Exchange, and General Manager of HX Biotech (Shanghai), a subsidiary of HKP, with responsibility for the holding company’s strategy planning, particularly for technology, product, and market development, and also coordinating subsidiaries’ business development and integration, in addition to manage the daily operation of HX Biotech,
- January 1999 - October 2001, General Manager of EGen (China) Ltd, and Director of Operation of EGen Corporation in San Diego (parent company). Main responsibilities included technology transfer from US to China by managing a 6-month trial production in Shanghai in 1999, technical training by directing a 10-month training program for a Shenzhen biopharmaceutical company in 2000, and business development,
- 1995 - 1999, Associate Director, Ohio Bioprocessing Research Consortium, responsible for business development, supervising15 technicians in process / product development,
- 1990 - 1995, Project Engineer in Bioprocessing Technology Center of Singapore, involved in the development and management of a $3 MM state-of-the-art bioprocessing facility,
- 1992 - 1993, Teamed up with A.T. Kearney and served as a technical consultant, for advising clients on product development and promotion, marketing opportunity and investment strategy,
- 1989 - 1990, Research Fellow, with German Biotechnology Center (GBF). Was trained and worked specifically on high cell density fermentation, process monitoring and control.
Alejandro Gomez Blanco – Member of the Supervisory Board
- Full Time MBA, Master in Business Administration at Top Tier ESADE Business School, 09.2005 - 04.2006,
- Ph. D in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Cum Laude, Spanish Research Council (CSIC), 07.1999 - 08.2005,
- Bachelor of Sciences in Biochemistry, 1st class honors, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 09.1995 – 06.1999.
- Freelance Consultant focused on implementation. Specialized in the delivery of cutting edge healthcare solutions for different territories, 12.2011 – Barcelona, Spain –Beijing, China,
- Director for Asia & Middle East at Progenika (now Grifols). Molecular Diagnostics & Personalized Medicine Start up ($20 M sales), 06.2010 – 08.2011 – Bilbao, Spain,
- Business Development Manager at Instrumentation Laboratory. IVD player within the Werfen Group ($1,5 Bn sales), 07.2006 - 05/2010 – Boston, USA – Beijing, China.
- Scientist at IBMB-CSIC. Learned analytical techniques and pathology fundamentals, 07.1998 – 08.2004 – Barcelona, Spain.
Vaidyanathan Viswanath – Member of the Supervisory Board
Is a post-graduate in Pharmacology with about 3 decades experience in sales, marketing, business development and strategic planning in the pharmaceutical industry across Asia. His previous experience includes Serum Institute (Serono) and Astra in India both in sales and marketing, 8 years with Pharmacia in India and China. He was then the BD and Strategic Planning Director for Pfizer China and BD Director - Asia for Capsugel (Division of Pfizer) until 2011 based in Bangkok. Currently living in Beijing, Vaidyanathan Viswanath is an Independent Consultant for a number of pharma companies and in this role offers his expertise in the area of Strategic Marketing, Business Development, Marketing and Sales Effectiveness, Alliance Management, KOL & Advocacy development. With his deep understanding of the trends in the industry backed up by his strong networking capabilities, Vaidyanathan Viswanath envisions to act as a bridge for these companies to reach out to companies overseas and visa versa.
Sławomir Ziegert – Member of the Supervisory Board
Is a medical doctor, graduate of the Medical University in Gdańsk. He has been connected with the pharmaceutical industry for over 20 years, working in Poland and abroad for such concerns as Eli Lilly, Egis Group (a part of Servier group) and Ipsen. He has got enormous business experience covering different sectors of the pharmaceutical industry, including biotechnology, in particular business development within the scope of endocrinology and treatment of diabetes. In 1993-2004 he worked in the Polish branch of Eli Lilly, one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical concerns and manufacturers of recombinant human insulin and insulin analogues, where he was responsible for the development of diabetes business, relations with the diabetes environment and governmental affairs. In 1998-2000 he was also Eli Lilly's Country Manager in Slovakia, supervising, among others, the development of sale of insulins and antibiotics. In 2004-2005 he was CEO of Egis Pharmaceuticals (a part of Servier group) where he was responsible for the Baltic States area. In 2006-2009 he was CEO of Ipsen Poland. Working for Ipsen Poland, he was responsible for introduction of somatostatin analogue and IgF1 to the Polish market and for improvement of efficiency of marketing and sales activities. He has taken many manager courses and training abroad. He is fluent in: English, Russian, German and Slovak.