Members of the BIOTON Group
Biotechnology company SciGen was established in Singapore in 1988 and has been listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX code SIE) since 2002. SciGen sells recombinant human insulin under the trade name SciLin in Southeast Asia, Australia and Oceania (excluding Japan) under licence from Savient Pharmaceuticals Inc. (formerly known as Bio-Technology General Corp.). The company manufactures and sells licensed biotechnological products, including a recombinant human growth hormone under the trade name SciTropin and a hepatitis B vaccine under the trade name Sci-B-Vac.
SciGen has offices in Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, South Korea, Philippines, USA and Vietnam.
BIOTON S.A. holds 90.54% of the share capital of SciGen.
Subsidiary companies of SciGen Ltd:
- SciGen India Pvt Ltd – SciGen acquired 100% shares of an Indian company in 2006. The new facility in Pune, India manufactures recombinant human insulin and other biotechnology products in accordance with European and American standards.
- SciGen Australia Pty Ltd – a company established by SciGen in Sydney for the wholesale of biotechnological products.
- SciGen Korea Ltd – a company established by SciGen to sell biotechnological products.
BioPartners Holdings AG
A Swiss based company established in 2000 which mainly specialises in developing innovative biotechnological pharmaceuticals using recombinant DNA technologies. The company was the second to be granted marketing authorisation for a biosimilar drug by the EMEA for the human growth hormone Valtropin. The distribution rights for this product cover all of Europe, including the Commonwealth of Independent States, Japan, Australia and some Asian countries.
Other products include:
- A sustained release human growth hormone, this product is a breakthrough in growth hormone therapy because it allows weekly instead of daily injections. The distribution rights of Valtropin SR cover all of Europe, including the Commonwealth of Independent States, Japan, Australia and some Asian countries.
- Interferon Beta, for the treatment of multiple sclerosis is sold under the trade name Biferonex with worldwide distribution rights.
- Ribavirin, for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C in combination with interferon alpha is sold under the trade name Ravanex with worldwide distribution rights.
BIOTON S.A. purchased 100% of the shares in BioPartners in March 2007.
Contact for investors:
cc group sp zoo
tel.: +48 (22) 440 14 40, +48 697 613 020